December 15, 2016
Supreme Court of Virginia Acts on Rules, Judicial Canons, Ethics Opinion
On December 15, 2017, the Supreme Court of Virginia took the following actions:
Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Amended Paragraph 13-24 regarding Procedures for Disciplining, Suspending, and Disbarring Attorneys. Effective March 1, 2017.
- Amended portions of Rule 3B:2 and Rule 3C:2 regarding Uniform Fine Schedule. Effective immediately.
- Amended Section IV, Paragraph 13.1 of the Rules of the Supreme Court of Virginia regarding Suspension for Failure to Complete the Professionalism Course. Effective March 1, 2017.
- Amended Rule 5:6 regarding Forms of Briefs and Other Papers. Effective immediately.
- Amended the Canons of Judicial Conduct, Section III Title, comments on Canons 2, 4, and 6. Effective immediately.
- Amended and adopted Legal Ethics Opinion 1886 regarding the duty of partners and supervisory lawyers in a law firm when another lawyer in the firm suffers from significant impairment. Effective immediately.
© 1996 - 2018 Virginia State Bar | 1111 East Main Street, Suite 700 | Richmond, Virginia 23219-0026
All Departments: (804) 775-0500
Telecommunication Device for the Deaf/TDD (Hearing-Impaired Only): 804-775-0502
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Switch to the desktop site
The Clerk's Office does not accept filings after 4:45 p.m.