November 02, 2016
Supreme Court of Virginia Amends Rules
On November 1, 2016, the Supreme Court of Virginia approved the following changes to the Rules of the Court, effective January 1, 2017:
- Relocation of Rule 5:8A to replace Rule 1:2 regarding Appeal From Partial Final Judgment in Multi-Party Cases;
- Amendment to Rule 1:5 regarding Counsel and Parties Appearing Without Counsel;
- Amendment to Rule 4:1(b)(4)(D) regarding General Provisions Governing Discovery;
- Amendment to Rule 5:24 regarding Security for Appeal; and
- Amendment to Rule 5A:17 regarding Security for Appeal.
The Court also made the following changes:
Updated: Nov 02, 2016
- Addition of Rule 1:24 regarding Requirements for Court Payment Plans For the Collection of Fines and Costs (effective February 1, 2017); and
- Amendment to Rule 5:30 regarding Briefs Amicus Curiae (effective January 1, 2017).
© 1996 - 2018 Virginia State Bar | 1111 East Main Street, Suite 700 | Richmond, Virginia 23219-0026
All Departments: (804) 775-0500
Telecommunication Device for the Deaf/TDD (Hearing-Impaired Only): 804-775-0502
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Switch to the desktop site
The Clerk's Office does not accept filings after 4:45 p.m.